Nick Kembel: List of Publications
Thank you for your interest in Spiritual Travels! I first started this website in 2010 as an online profile for my freelance writing work, but in 2018 I decided to blog full time and transform this space into the most comprehensive online resource for Taiwan travel and a variety of other topics.
In the last decade I have published several books and contributed photography and articles to numerous magazines and media outlets. I have also collaborated with tourism boards, travel agencies, hotels, and dozens of other travel websites to share my passion about Taiwan travel, traveling with kids, and more. I also manage a Taiwan-specific website called TaiwanObsessed. Feel free to contact me if you have a collaboration request!
Here’s a complete list of all my publications and other endeavors beyond what you will find on this website.
– Taiwan in the Eyes of a Foreigner (2011) My first published book—7000+ copies sold.
– Read a review of my book here.
– I have written or contributed to more than a dozen educational textbooks in Taiwan.
I have made numerous contributions to Travel in Taiwan magazine
, published by Taiwan’s National Tourism bureau. Here are a just a few online versions of my articles originally published in the magazine:
– Taroko Park theme park in Kaohsiung
– Taipei Vegetarian Dining
– Tainan 321 Art Alley Settlement
– Huwei’s Puppet Theater Heritage
– My photography has been featured in Skylife
(Turkish Airlines’ in-flight magazine), Travel360
(Air Asia’s in-flight magazine), Delta Sky In-Flight Magazine
, and MiceNet Asia
, a Singapore-based business travel magazine.
– I’ve penned numerous articles for Discover Taipei magazine
, with topics related to local culture as well as interviews with Taipei-based artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs.
– I’ve also contributed several magazine articles and cover images like this one
to Centered on Taipei magazine
Speeches and Lectures
– 2018: Speaker at National Taipei University “Tea Cultures of the World” lecture series
– 2018: Speaker at Daojiang Senior High School of Nursing and Home Economics, topic “Following Your Dreams”
– 2016: Interviewed on Pop Radio FM91.7 Mandarin radio station in Taiwan with wife Emily
– 2015: Interviewed on ICRT English radio station in Taiwan, topic: “Parenting in Taiwan”
– 2014: Mandarin speaker at Taiwan Tourism Bureau event introducing new travel app
– 2012: Guest Lecturer at Taipei Medical University, topic: “Publishing and Social Media”
– 2004: Speaker at University of Alberta International Week, topic: “The Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Independence Movement”