I started this website in 2011, but for many years I only used it as an online profile for my freelance writing work. In early 2018 I began blogging more seriously and prioritizing this website, and since then Spiritual Travels has grown from a few thousand page views to 280,000 per month (as of November 2019).
I regularly contribute both photography and articles to numerous magazines, media outlets, and other travel websites. I have also collaborated with tourism boards, travel agencies, hotels, and more. Feel free to contact me if you have a collaboration request!
– Taiwan in the Eyes of a Foreigner (2011) My first published book—7000+ copies sold.
– Read a review of my book here.
– I have written or contributed to more than a dozen educational textbooks in Taiwan.
I’m a regular contributor to Travel in Taiwan magazine
, published by Taiwan’s National Tourism bureau. Here are a just a few online versions of my articles in the magazine:- Taroko Park theme park in Kaohsiung
– Taipei Vegetarian Dining
– Tainan 321 Art Alley Settlement
– Huwei’s Puppet Theater Heritage
My photography has been featured in Skylife (Turkish Airlines’ in-flight magazine), Travel360 (Air Asia’s in-flight magazine), Delta Sky In-Flight Magazine, and MiceNet Asia, a Singapore-based business travel magazine.
I’ve penned numerous articles for Discover Taipei magazine, with topics on local culture including traditional Chinese lion dancing, baby hair calligraphy brushes, traditional Chinese bookbinding, as well as interviews with Taipei-based artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs.
I’ve also contributed several magazine articles and a magazine cover image to Centered on Taipei magazine.
Speeches and Lectures
– 2018: Speaker at National Taipei University “Tea Cultures of the World” lecture series
– 2018: Speaker at Daojiang Senior High School of Nursing and Home Economics, topic “Following Your Dreams”
– 2016: Interviewed on Pop Radio FM91.7 Mandarin radio station in Taiwan with wife Emily
– 2015: Interviewed on ICRT English radio station in Taiwan, topic: “Parenting in Taiwan”
– 2014: Speaker in Mandarin at Taiwan Tourism Bureau event introducing new travel APP
– 2012: Guest Lecturer at Taipei Medical University, topic: “Publishing and Social Media”
– 2004: Speaker at University of Alberta International Week, topic: “The Dalai Lama and the Tibetan Independence Movement”